Our bodies are composed of about 60% of water which is why it is extremely important to stay hydrated. Since water intake is crucial for our health, the 8×8 rule is highly recommended (drinking eight 8-ounce glasses of water in a day). Doing this guarantees that you get enough water on a daily basis that leads to overall health and well-being. If, however, you still have a difficult time getting into the water-drinking habit, knowing about the benefits of clean water may change your mind significantly.
Tips for Japanese Style Interior Design: Bedroom
What is “Clean Water” in the first place?
Clean water refers to the quality of water that is safe for human consumption. By “safe” we mean that the water is free from disease-causing pathogens. The water you drink should be clear and should not have any offensive odor or color. It should be palatable and desirable to drink.
The Benefits of Clean Water to your Health
Medical News Today lays out a number of the benefits you get out of drinking clean water. First, water lubricates your joints. The cartilage found in joints and discs of the spine are made up of about 80% of water, so not getting enough water leads to joint pain. Second, drinking water helps form saliva and mucus that you need to digest your food and keep your eyes, mouth, and nose moist. Overall, this prevents friction and damage. Third, water helps deliver oxygen throughout the body.
Water also boosts skin health and beauty. This means that your skin won’t be prone to skin disorders and premature wrinkling. Another advantage is that water cushions your brain, spinal cord, and other tissues. It helps in the production of hormones and neurotransmitters. If you are dehydrated for a long time, you will find yourself having a difficult time with reasoning and thinking. Water regulates body temperature and also helps maintain blood pressure. Aside from the fact that it flushes body waste, drinking water also protects you from constipation and an acidic stomach and reduces the risk of stomach ulcers and heartburn. Water also prevents kidney damage and aids in weight loss.
Other Benefits of Clean Water You May Not Know Of
1. Water increases your ability to think, focus, concentrate and stay alert. Research states that being dehydrated by just 2% already affects your psychomotor and memory skills, as well as doing tasks that need attention. Dehydration affects your mood, makes you more sensitive to pain and reduces your cognitive skills.
2. Drinking water also improves your complexion, according to UWHealth. Since skin is also an organ, it is made up of cells which are made up of water. If you skin does not get an adequate amount of water, your skin will become dry, tight and flaky. It will be more prone to wrinkling and will be less resilient. So, for your skin to have a more radiant glow, you would need to increase your water intake.
3. Water prevents cramps and sprains because it acts as a natural lubricant for your muscles and joints. Your muscles are considered active tissues. Water is found in highest concentrations in active tissue, so, for muscle strength and control, you need lots of water. In addition, water is an essential ingredient in synovial fluid that lubricates your joints. This protective fluid is important for your joint’s optimum performance.
4. Clean water helps prevent bad breath. Bad breath is a sign of dehydration. If you drink enough water, the leftover food particles and bacteria in your mouth that cause bad breath will be washed away.
5. Water also prevents the unforgiving effects of hangovers. When consuming alcohol, drink a glass of water along with it. Alcohol is a diuretic so it causes dehydration. You know this is happening when you keep using the bathroom. If you lack fluids, your electrolytes get stripped off which heighten the symptoms of a hangover.
6. Drinking water improves hair growth, too. Truth be told, water makes up about 25% of the weight of a single strand of hair. Drinking at least two liters of water a day strengthens your hair and increase growth. If you do not get enough water, your hair becomes brittle and your hair ends will split. Also, when the roots of your hair are hydrated, you will not have problems with dandruff.
The benefits of clean water to your health are endless. Many common problems will be avoided simply by drinking more water.